SKKP Disciples Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SKKP Disciples Online

Srila Krsna Ksetra Prabhu Disciples Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wisdom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anuradha dasi
Admin
Anuradha dasi

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Wisdom   Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu 07 Sep 2006, 12:45

Please post inspirational quotes from Guru Maharaja's lectures and letters here
Back to top Go down
https://skkpdisciples.board-directory.net
Mangala-candrika dd

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-09-07

Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: SB study seminar   Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri 22 Sep 2006, 15:23

Dear Devotees,
please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Guru Maharaja, Srila Prabhupada and Devotees who created this conference:)

I was thinking what can i share with you and remembered i once made notes from GM's seminar on studying Srimad Bhagavatam...maby it can be useful...

thank you all for making this possible, especially Anuradha Mataji...

your aspiring servant maja (slovenija)

H.G. KRSNA KSETRA PRABHU

SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM STUDY SEMINAR (my personal notes from a part of the seminar)

We get taste in reading if we put some endeavor in reading. Bhaktivinode Thakur: One should practice creative reading. Speculation? No! It means active reading; we want to create understanding, faith in ourselves and others.

Srila Prabhupada: »Books are the basis, preaching is the essence.«

We want to give this knowledge to others, pass it on in a realized form, not just a repetition!

HELPFUL BASIC QUESTIONS WHILE READING:

1) What is (are) the main point(s) of what is being discussed here, the main theme of the verse and purport?
One or two sentences to exercise the mind to grasp the essence. Sometimes SP does that in purports.

2) What are the secondary points?

3) Something in sanskrit that is important, interesting, and meaningful.
Sp does that many times in purports.

4) Be alert to particular expressions, frazes, sentences that strike us and are significant for you.
Favorite verses or purports-become friend with them

5) What about other readings-how they relate to this?
More we read more we can relate to other literature. You can look in the indexes for other references (they are like sticks for »churning the nectar«). Studying should be fun, should be conviction, for preaching=>let others benefit from this! Otherwise knowledge will leak out! Also learn verses!

6) Something that is not clear, that is confusing for me, which I would like to ask someone else.
Useful on morning SB lecture when there are no other questions. Theme on which we would like more discussion, would like to hear more points on that! »Can you elaborate/expand on that point, sentence?« SB is dynamic, is constantly expanding!!

7) Is there something regarding specific topic that we are interested in?
SB is spiritual encyclopedia. Specific interest in some topics is ok, is to be appreciated.

SP is preaching to us in purports as we seat at his lotus feat
We should do effort to apply SB in our lives!

4 QUESTIONS THAT CAN HELP US IN THAT:

1. Personal experience which illustrates a particular point being made.
Like SP made a colourful illustration how all the droppings of the birds are in one place usually concentrated-we can see the attachment to the family in all species of life

2. Is there some point being made by SP that I can apply in my life?

3. Are there some points that I can use for my preaching?
We should become preachers.

4. Is there some point we can apply in the society of devotees?
Vaisnava Etiquette for example. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Wisdom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SKKP Disciples Online :: SKKP Disciples Online-
Jump to: