SKKP Disciples Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SKKP Disciples Online

Srila Krsna Ksetra Prabhu Disciples Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anuradha dasi
Admin
Anuradha dasi

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitimeThu 07 Sep 2006, 11:26

Haribol!

Welcome to our new forum.

Please introduce yourself, long or short posts are welcome, I look forward to seeing everyone online Smile

your servant Anuradha dasi
Back to top Go down
https://skkpdisciples.board-directory.net
Tirtharaja

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-09-14

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2006, 14:22

Hare Krsna!

PAMHO! AGTSP! AGTGM!

So, not much to say about me Smile . My name is Tirtharaja dasa, born and raised in Bjelovar, Croatia (some 90 kilometers from Zagreb), where my brother and i started practicing KC some time in autumn 1994. Nice days were those, with many extatic programs and many nice devotees comming from that small town - tho as in every herd there must be a black sheep *pointing at myslef* geek . I first met Guru Maharaja in Slovenia, at one of first camps (or it was the very first one maybe?) in 1995 and by then i already knew He was the person i can give all my trust, service and love. I continued with my studies and somewhat irregular spiritual practices to fianlly decide and take full commitment at 1997 taking first initiation and New Vraja Dham in Hungary (many of us been there, mass initiation :p ) . Summer 1999 ----> finish studies, say goodbye to my mom and fly to New Vrajamandala Spain. I have been serving Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha Govinda Chandra, Sri Sri Goura Nitai, Sri Sri Laksmi Nrsimhadeva and Giri Govardhana for the following months, first as cook and after receiving second initiation in winter 1999 full time pujari (if u can call that pujari rabbit ) . There i met my wife, Jayasri Devi Dasi, and after many changes of residence (Croatia, Madrid, Valencia, Madrid, NVM, Madrid, NVM) we finally settled in Valencia where we have been living for past 3 years. There is small community of devotees here (all grhasta couples), and we hope to expand it some time in future.

Soooo...i guess thats it in short What a Face . Ah, yes, i will try to post some pictures some time soon. As you can notice, i like forums, because of work i spend 10-12 hrs a day in front of computer of working with them so one develops this kind of ".net rasa" after some time. Many obesiances, hugs and well wishes from Valencia, Spain afro

ys tirtharaja dasa
Back to top Go down
Anuradha dasi
Admin
Anuradha dasi

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitimeSat 16 Sep 2006, 01:50

Thanks for the introduction, Tirtharaja!

I guess I'd better write an introduction as well. I'm Anuradha from Germany, joined '89 in Berlin, was initiated on the German farm in '91. My service back then was mostly sankirtan but in '94 I was invited to work at the NE BBT in Sweden, since I had an education in publishing. I then stayed in Sweden for 7 years, got married, had a son who is now 8, and then moved to the UK nearly 6 years ago. I now live in Reading, work in sales and also with a small charity, am a member of our local nama hatta group and do a lot of interfaith work in the local community as well.

Tirtharaja wrote:
As you can notice, i like forums, because of work i spend 10-12 hrs a day in front of computer of working with them so one develops this kind of ".net rasa" after some time.

Same here. I am also looking for a deputy admin, in case I'm away from my computer for more than a day or so (as I have a few big trips planned for the near future). If you know forums well, you might be a good candidate, Tirtharaja.
Back to top Go down
https://skkpdisciples.board-directory.net
mahibharta

Registration date : 2006-09-12

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Oct 2006, 10:14

Hare Krishna!
PAMHO.
Jaya Guru Maharaja & Srila Prabhupada!
Gaura Nityanandau jayatah!

Thank you for creating a nice forum, Anuradha Prabhvi!

My name is Mahi-bahrta das. I joined in December 1991 in Slovenia. I
was 15 at that time, so too young for joining the temple. Then for 3
years I was trying to get the mercy of devotees, and I joined the
temple life in 1994. First I was a cleaner, a pot washer, then a cook,
a nama-hattha leader and a head pujari for Sri Sri Gaura Nitai. I was
initiated by Harikesha Prabhu in 1995. But soon after he left ISKCON, I
had a good fortune to take shelter of our dear Guru Maharaja. He was so
kind to me. I was fortunate to be with him in India in 1999, and soon
got a first and second re-initiation.

In 2002, I got married with Sravana-ramaniya dd (also our Godsister)
from Macedonia, a humble devotee, and very good singer. We got a son in
April this year, and Guru Maharaja gave him a name Gadai (Bengali
nickname of Gadadhara Pandit).

Few years ago, Divyambara Prabhvi asked me to develop a Vyasa-puja CD
Book presentation. If you still did not get a copy of Vyasa-puja 2004
and 2005, please contact us: mahibharta@gmail.com or on my PAMHO address (Mahi-bahrta das).

In short, we are very happy to be in such a wonderful association with
all of you Godbrothers and Godsisters. Please, bless us to remain your
and Guru Maharaja’s servants,

Sravana-ramaniya dd, Gadai and Mahi-bharta das.

Last edited by on Mon 02 Oct 2006, 10:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alakta-carana dasi

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitimeThu 05 Oct 2006, 05:15

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Guru Maharaja!

I am very happy to get in touch with my spiritual family again. My name is Alakta-carana dasi, oryginally I am from Poland and I am Guru Maharaja's disciple for the last 10 years. I live in Pittsburgh, near New Vrindavan farm, with my husband Sevananda das and our three years old son Janardana.

I was traveling and moving around for the last ten years. I spend some time in Paris serving and dressing Their Lordships Radha-Parisisvara, then I moved to New Vrindavan where I was continuing my service as a pujari. While serving in New Vrindavan I did not get a chance to see Guru Maharaja for a few years, until this February in Gainesville. You can imagine his reaction when I finally came to visit him in Gainesville... Right now we live about an hour from the farm. I stay busy taking care of my little boy, finishing my degree and working for the real estate services company.

Although I already spend eight hours a day in front of the computer I will be very happy to get in touch with all of you!! I think that this is a great way to exchange our experiences and wonderful spiritual memories and inspirations.

your servant,
Alakta-carana devi dasi sunny
Back to top Go down
Rasasthali

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-09-07

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitimeSat 28 Oct 2006, 12:54

Hari Hari!

My name is Rasasthali Dasi, I am originally from Poland but I moved to Oxford a few years ago. I joined devotees in 1998, became a disciple of Guru Maharaja two years later and got initiation in 2003 in Croatia.

I spent lots of time in ISKCON temples, especially in Krakow (now closed) and in Warsaw. I never lived there permamently but I would come for a few months/weeks whenever I had free time and vacation. I was very lucky to have a wonderful service for Deities - first it was a 'help-pujari', then after initiation I could cook for deities and dress Jagannatha Baladeva Subhadra. I was very attached to Nitai Gaura Nataraja and I even wrote a small book about them - initially They were travelling Deities on Indradyumna Swami's sankirtan tour, then They went to Krakow and to Warsaw. Because I always wanted to worship Deities and I stayed far from the temple, I asked Guru Maharaja repeatedly if I can have deities, but he would not let me do this. So for a few years I worshiped daily just the picture of Krsna Balarama - I would bathe it and offer a regular puja. But then I got wonderful deities (how I got Them is another interesting story) of Krsna Balarama and Guru Maharaja agreed that I worship Them.

I did not want to study and I really wanted to move in the temple, but Guru Maharaja wanted me to do this so I finally graduated in biology (MSc) and then I moved to work at the University of Oxford as a research scientist. I love science so it is an excellent job for me, I am doing PhD in Clinical Medicine at the same time. And I have a wonderful association of devotees here too, also Guru Maharaja's! I always felt here like at home!

Another wonderful thing I've got because of Guru Maharaja's mercy is my husband, Janakirama Prabhu. He did not mean to match us but I always had lots of questions on science and religion, and he happened to live in one house and be friends with Janakirama who is becoming an expert in this field, working on Bhagavata Purana and modern science. So I started asking Janakirama my unlimited questions and shortly we became friends. We got married after a few years we had met and now we make a great team - we worship Krsna Balarama, organize programs and academic activities together, write articles and have sweet bhajans (I play piano and harmonium, he plays guitar and mrdanga well) and fascinating discussions daily!

I hope to get to know my other godsiblings here, and find out more about our beloved Spiritual Master.

Rasasthali dasi
Back to top Go down
http://www.ccmp.ox.ac.uk/kessler/index.shtml
Tirtharaja

Registration date : 2006-09-14

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Nov 2006, 00:01

Rasasthali wrote:
I did not want to study and I really wanted to move in the temple, but Guru Maharaja wanted me to do this so I finally graduated in biology (MSc) and then I moved to work at the University of Oxford as a research scientist. I love science so it is an excellent job for me, I am doing PhD in Clinical Medicine at the same time. And I have a wonderful association of devotees here too, also Guru Maharaja's! I always felt here like at home!

Haribolo! I was reading this and thought how a spiritual master is in direct contact with Krsna - Guru Maharaja could really see that the best thing for you to do would be to continue your studies. I lived similar situation at one point in my life, but i guess i needed to go through some extensive cleaning process since i left home and went to live to the temple. And again, i can see why Guru Maharaja did not insist on either choice in my case Smile How amazing is the mercy and care a spiritual master takes for his disciples! For each and every one of us! Hehe, you just made the rest of my day much more Krsna conscious Smile flower flower flower cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome!   Welcome! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SKKP Disciples Online :: SKKP Disciples Online-
Jump to: